UPDATE: The road is now clear. Emergency services are at the scene of a two-car collision in the Twin Towns. One person has been hospitalised but Donegal Daily understands their injuries are not serious. The accident happened close to Kilross Junction and the road between the Junction and Stranorlar is now closed.Motorists travelling between Twin Towns and Letterkenny have been advised to use an alternative route or expect long delays. Delays following traffic accident in Ballybofey was last modified: January 14th, 2019 by Shaun KeenanShare this:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)Click to print (Opens in new window) Tags:accidentBallybofeykilross
Stratford basketball has high expectationsBy Paul LeckerSports ReporterSTRATFORD – After a run all the way to the sectional finals a season ago, and the bulk of its team returning, the Stratford boys basketball team has high expectations for the 2017-18 campaign.The Tigers couldn’t wait to hit the floor for their season opener on Nov. 21 and it showed. Stratford jumped out to a 22-1 lead and crushed Colby 89-20.The dominance Stratford showed was on both ends of the floor as it hustled relentlessly on the defensive end, forcing 32 turnovers and shooting 54 percent from the field.The Tigers poured in 55 points in the first half, using every player on their roster. Stratford ended up with 13 different players tallying at least one basket.“The defense, I was very, very pleased with,” Stratford coach Curt Schmidt said. “We played man-to-man the whole game. Our help, our movement, it was good. I was very excited about that.”Stratford is just three players from its rotation last season.All-Marawood Conference South Division honorable mention selection Vaughn Breit, a 6-foot-4 sophomore forward, is back after averaging 11.2 points and 6.3 rebounds per game in conference play, and scoring 24 points in a regional final win over Auburndale.Also returning is senior point guard Brenden Fecker, who followed up a 20-point game against Auburndale with 32 in a sectional semifinal victory over Neillsville.Junior Paul Huther, another 6-foot-4 forward; senior guard Trent Heckel; and junior guards, Lance Heidmann and Okley Wrensch are also back after seeing significant minutes last year for the Tigers.“We played a lot this summer and had 10-12 kids show up every single night,” Schmidt said. “It means something.“The kids are excited and we’re excited. We just want to enjoy the journey and don’t want to get stuck on the what-ifs and all that, we want to take it one game at a time. We want to enjoy every moment because the kids have worked hard just to start the season.”While Stratford does have four seniors on the roster, it will still have to rely on a number of underclassmen to maintain the success it saw last year when it finished 18-9 after the long playoff push.
17 May 2012 South Africa will be pushing for a decision on the site of the €1.5-billion Square Kilometre Array (SKA) radio telescope at the next meeting of the international SKA organisation members on 25 May, says Science and Technology Minister Naledi Pandor. “The bidding countries submitted all the required technical information and we are impatiently awaiting the outcome of what we hope will be a final site consideration meeting on 25 May,” Pandor said during her department’s budget vote in Parliament in Cape Town on Tuesday. South Africa, allied with eight other African countries, is competing against Australia (allied with New Zealand) to host the SKA, an instrument 50-100 times more sensitive and 10 000 times faster than any radio imaging telescope yet built. A decision on the site was delayed in April to allow a scientific working group to explore ways of maximising investments already made by rival bidders South Africa and Australia-New Zealand – raising the possibility that the hosting of the world’s biggest radio telescope could be shared. Pandor was disappointment at the delay, saying at the time that she hoped the SKA organisation “will make a decision in the first half of 2012 and that the decision will reflect the best scientific outcome. “We believe we have an excellent site at which exciting science will be done,” Pandor said. “We in Africa are ready to host the SKA.” On Tuesday, Pandor told Parliament that her department had allocated R500-million to South Africa’s SKA initiative in the 2012/13 financial year.South Africa targets new satellites She said her department would also be working with the South African National Space Agency (Sansa) to develop an implementation blueprint for its next satellite. South Africa is planning to build its third satellite, to form part of a new African satellite constellation, as part of a government drive to grow the country’s share of the global market for small- to medium-sized space systems. “Our intention is to expand our investment in ‘micro’ satellites, building on the existing SumbandilaSat platform,” Pandor told delegates at the 62nd annual congress of the International Astronautical Federation in Cape Town in October. South Africa’s second satellite, the two-year-old SumbandilaSat, has been out of commission since a blast of solar radiation damaged its on-board computer in July 2011. Sansa chief executive Sandile Malinga announced in September that South Africa hoped to start building a new, fully operational satellite – not just a prototype or “pathfinder” satellite such as SumbandilaSat – as early as 2012, for possible launch by 2014/15. The new satellite would cost in the region of R400-million – compared to the R26-million spent on SumbandilaSat – and would also be used for earth observation, in line with the country’s space strategy, which seeks to apply satellite data to help to improve livelihoods, reduce poverty and manage natural disasters in the country and the region. Source: BuaNews
The Boonville Police Department is warning residents about a phone scam going around.Officers said the caller claims that your social security number has been used, and that a warrant has been issued for your arrest.The caller will then request that you push “1” for more information.“They are trying to gather your personal information to use,” the department wrote in a press release. “Social Security has no authority to issue warrants.”If you get a call like this, hang up immediately.
MOST READ Hotel says PH coach apologized for ‘kikiam for breakfast’ claim Malditas save PH from shutout Herndon motivated to play alongside league’s top guards at Star The Fatted Calf and Ayutthaya: New restos worth the drive to Tagaytay June Mar Fajardo. Photo by Tristan Tamayo/ INQUIRER.netThirteen players were present in the first day of the Smart Gilas Pilipinas’ training camp for the first leg of the 2017 Fiba World Cup qualifiers later this month.Four-time PBA Most Valuable Player June Mar Fajardo, Jayson Castro, and Calvin Abueva spearheaded the attendees at Meralco Gym on Friday night.ADVERTISEMENT LATEST STORIES Ethel Booba on hotel’s clarification that ‘kikiam’ is ‘chicken sausage’: ‘Kung di pa pansinin, baka isipin nila ok lang’ Don’t miss out on the latest news and information. After 30 years, Johnlu Koa still doing ‘hard-to-make’ quality breads Palace: Robredo back to ‘groping with a blind vision’ View comments Also present were longtime national team members Japeth Aguilar and Gabe Norwood, mainstays Troy Rosario, Raymond Almazan, and Allein Maliksi, as well as cadets Roger Pogoy, Matthew Wright, Jio Jalalon, Mac Belo, and Carl Bryan Cruz.Assistant coaches Jong Uichico, Jimmy Alapag, Josh Reyes, and Ryan Betia assisted Head Coach Chot Reyes in the session.FEATURED STORIESSPORTSSEA Games: Biñan football stadium stands out in preparedness, completionSPORTSPrivate companies step in to help SEA Games hostingSPORTSBoxers Pacquiao, Petecio torchbearers for SEA Games openingThe Philippines is preparing for its game against Japan in Tokyo on November 24, before going back home where it will take on Chinese Taipei at Smart Araneta Coliseum on November 27. MRT 7 on track for partial opening in 2021 ‘A complete lie:’ Drilon refutes ‘blabbermouth’ Salo’s claims Sports Related Videospowered by AdSparcRead Next Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss PLAY LIST 02:49Robredo: True leaders perform well despite having ‘uninspiring’ boss02:42PH underwater hockey team aims to make waves in SEA Games01:44Philippines marks anniversary of massacre with calls for justice01:19Fire erupts in Barangay Tatalon in Quezon City01:07Trump talks impeachment while meeting NCAA athletes02:49World-class track facilities installed at NCC for SEA Games