Teething Problems Push ONE to Red

first_imgzoomImage courtesy: ONE The newly launched container shipping joint venture Ocean Network Express (ONE) posted its first quarterly results for the 2018 fiscal year.The company delivered a net loss of USD 120 million, which ONE ascribed to lower lifting caused by operational teething problems that affected service quality during the operation start-up period, and higher bunker price than originally forecast.The Japanese JV further lowered its forecast for the business performance for the first half of the fiscal year by USD 40 million.“Considering that service quality has already stabilized, overall business is expected to be back to normal situation from the 2Q onwards,” ONE said.For the full fiscal year the company’s net profit forecast remains unchanged at USD 110 million. According to the company this is underpinned by “steady realization of integration synergy ahead of schedule as well as the change in accounting for lease contracts while higher bunker price will have a negative impact.”Commenting on the progress of integration synergies, the container shipping company said the planned synergies worth USD 1.05 billion are emerging steadily with 80 pct of the planned total expected to be achieved in 2018 fiscal year, up from initially set target of 60 pct.The profit from overseas terminal business will be included from the 4th quarter of the fiscal year due to delay in business transfer.last_img read more

Continue reading

Ramos Only physicality and intensity prevail in football

first_imgReal Madrid captain Sergio Ramos refuses to take Al Ain lightly ahead of this evening’s Club World Cup finalFollowing Wednesday’s 3-1 win against Japanese side Kashima Antlers, Real will now take on local team Al Ain.The European champions are gunning for a third World Cup in a row and are considered the strong favourites.But Ramos knows all too well that in football anything can happen and, therefore, intends to stay on guard as Real attempt to make more history today.“We’ve got another chance to retain the Club World Cup,” said Ramos on the club website.Sergio Ramos, Real MadridZidane reveals Sergio Ramos injury concern for Real Madrid Andrew Smyth – September 14, 2019 Zinedine Zidane has put Sergio Ramos’ availability for Real Madrid’s trip to Sevilla next weekend in doubt after withdrawing him against Levante.“No club has won it three years in a row and we’re really looking forward to the final and are hoping to take the trophy home before going on holiday”“We’re really looking forward to the game and we have the utmost respect for the opponent, River were favourites, but we saw that the badge alone doesn’t win you anything.“Physicality and intensity prevail in football. We know that they have the swede up top, the Brazilian on the left or the Egyptian in the midfield.“Football is much more even these days and we’ll go out knowing that it will be a very difficult match”.The World Cup final between Real and Al Ain will take place at the Zayed Sports City Stadium with kick-off set for 17:30 (CET).last_img read more

Continue reading

Tamil Nadu woman finds missing husband in TikTok video after 3 years

first_imgTikTokTwitterIn what seems to be a very curious case, a man from Tamil Nadu who was missing for nearly three years was spotted by his relatives on a ‘TikTok’ video and was rejoined with his family.The incident took place at Villupuram of the state where Suresh, a native of Krishnagiri left his wife Jayapradha and two kids in 2016 and was missing since then. Jayapradha had filed a case with the police and had also enquired about her husband to his friends and relatives but there was no hope.A few weeks back, one of Jayapradha’s relative had spotted a man similar to Suresh in a video on TikTok. He was seen with a transgender woman in the video. Doubting over the video he informed Jayapradha, who confirmed that it was her husband in the said video.Jayapradha immediately alerted the Villupuram police over the incident and the officials tracked Suresh to Hosur with the help of an NGO in Villupuram that was working for the welfare of the transgender community. Suresh was working in Hosur as a mechanic at a tractor factory and was living with his mother after he abandoned his family. It is alleged that he is in a relationship with the trans woman who was seen in the video.According to the reports, Suresh told police that he was not happy with some of the developments in his family due to which he had to leave his home. The police after counselling the couple have sent them back home.Recently, the Madras High Court had banned TikTok, a short video-based app that is very popular among the youth. The Madras HC banned the app citing children’s safety. However, the ban on TikTok was lifted in April.last_img read more

Continue reading

Asus 6Z users must drop everything for this update Heres why

first_imgIBTimes VideoRelated VideosMore videos Play VideoPauseMute0:01/1:14Loaded: 0%0:01Progress: 0%Stream TypeLIVE-1:13?Playback Rate1xChaptersChaptersDescriptionsdescriptions off, selectedSubtitlessubtitles settings, opens subtitles settings dialogsubtitles off, selectedAudio Trackdefault, selectedFullscreenThis is a modal window.Beginning of dialog window. Escape will cancel and close the window.TextColorWhiteBlackRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentBackgroundColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyOpaqueSemi-TransparentTransparentWindowColorBlackWhiteRedGreenBlueYellowMagentaCyanTransparencyTransparentSemi-TransparentOpaqueFont Size50%75%100%125%150%175%200%300%400%Text Edge StyleNoneRaisedDepressedUniformDropshadowFont FamilyProportional Sans-SerifMonospace Sans-SerifProportional SerifMonospace SerifCasualScriptSmall CapsReset restore all settings to the default valuesDoneClose Modal DialogEnd of dialog window. COPY LINKAD Loading … Close Asus 6Z, also known as Asus Zenfone 6Z and Zenfone 6 ZS630KL in other markets, is one of the few smartphones worthy of praise in its price range. Through software updates, companies improve features critical to enhancing the user experience and Asus 6Z users are getting their second software update since the launch and it is worthwhile.Asus is rolling out the latest update with the build number 16.1220.1906.167, which improves the camera, call quality and battery life of the smartphone. The Taiwanese smartphone brand shared the complete changelog of the latest update, which users must know before installing the new update.Asus 6Z (Review) users will see a whole lot of changes in the camera department. For instance, the camera rotation stability is improved, which will allow for smoother camera mechanism during different scenarios such as Panorama shots. The update also improves EIS in videos for smoother recording. If you have an eye for low light shots, the update also enhances Super Night Mode on the 6Z to capture dark images with higher details and lesser noise. Asus 6ZIBTimes India/Sami KhanAdding to the camera enhancements, Asus added a “Retract Camera” button in the quick settings to easily access the camera in case the flip module hasn’t retracted the way it is supposed to.Besides the focus on the camera, the latest FOTA update improves the call quality and extends battery life by optimising the power consumption. There’s also a Mobile Manager and Clean-up system apps in the launcher as shortcuts for those who frequently use these integrated exclusive features. Asus 6ZIBTimes India/Sami KhanAsus 6Z users in India are being treated with system language translation. Finally, the overall system and app stability should be improved with the update.It’s worth pointing out that the FOTA update is being rolled out in phases, so it may take some time before all the phones receive the update depending on their serial numbers. Stay tuned for updates.center_img ROG Phone II is an ultimate flagship with added benefit of optimum gaming experiencelast_img read more

Continue reading

Summit helped world avoid nuclear catastrophe says Trump

first_imgIn this picture taken on 12 June 2018 and released from North Korea`s official Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) on 13 June 2018, North Korea`s leader Kim Jong Un (L) shakes hands with US president Donald Trump (R) during the US-North Korea summit, at the Capella Hotel on Sentosa island in Singapore. Photo: AFPDonald Trump accepted an invitation from Kim Jong Un to visit North Korea during their historic summit, Pyongyang state media reported Wednesday, as the US president said the world had jumped back from the brink of “nuclear catastrophe”.Tuesday’s unprecedented encounter in Singapore saw the leader of the world’s most powerful democracy shake hands with Kim, the third generation scion of a dynastic dictatorship, as they stood as equals in front of their nations’ flags.In a characteristically bullish tweet, Trump said the first-ever summit between sitting leaders of the two Cold War foes meant “the World has taken a big step back from potential Nuclear catastrophe!””No more rocket launches, nuclear testing or research! The hostages are back home with their families. Thank you to Chairman Kim, our day together was historic!”In a joint statement following the talks, Kim agreed to the “complete denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula” — a stock phrase favoured by Pyongyang that stopped short of long-standing US demands for North Korea to give up its atomic arsenal in a “verifiable” and “irreversible” way.In its first report on the landmark summit, the official KCNA news agency ran a glowing dispatch on the talks, describing them as an “epoch-making meeting” that would help foster “a radical switchover in the most hostile (North Korea)-US relations”.The report said the two men each asked the other to visit their country.”The two top leaders gladly accepted each other’s invitation,” KCNA said.It asserted that Trump had “expressed his intention” to lift sanctions against the North — something the US president had told a blockbuster press conference would happen “when we are sure that the nukes are no longer a factor”.”The sanctions right now remain,” he added.With the headline: “Meeting of the century opens new history in DPRK-US relations”, the North’s ruling Workers Party official daily Rodong Sinmun splashed no fewer than 33 pictures across four of its usual six pages.One of the pictures showed a smiling Kim shaking hands with Trump’s hawkish National Security Advisor John Bolton, who has previously advocated military action against the North, which in turn has referred to him as “human scum.”‘War games’ Pyongyang has reason to feel confident after the meeting, a major coup for an isolated and heavily sanctioned regime that has long craved international legitimacy.”Kim Jong Un got what he wanted at the Singapore Summit: the international prestige and respect of a one-on-one meeting with the American president, the legitimacy of North Korean flags hanging next to American flags in the background,” said Paul Haenle, director of the Carnegie-Tsinghua Center.In his post-summit press conference, Trump made the surprise announcement that the US would halt joint military exercises with its security ally Seoul — something long sought by Pyongyang, which claims the drills are a rehearsal for invasion.The US stations around 30,000 troops in security ally South Korea to protect it from its neighbour, which invaded in 1950 in an attempt to reunify the peninsula by force.”We will be stopping the war games which will save us a tremendous amount of money,” Trump told reporters, adding that “at some point” he wanted to withdraw US troops from the South.Both Seoul and US military commanders in the South indicated they had no idea the announcement was coming, and in an editorial Wednesday the Korea Herald said it was “worrisome”.Smiles and handshakes The Singapore summit was a potentially legacy-defining meeting for both men — comparable to president Richard Nixon’s 1972 visit to China, or Ronald Reagan’s 1986 summit with Mikhail Gorbachev in Reykjavik.Only a few months ago, the pair were swapping personal insults such as “dotard” and “little rocket man” and the North conducted its six and most powerful nuclear test, as well as firing missiles over Japan.Trump vowed to rain down “fire and fury” on Pyongyang if it threatened the US but instead in Singapore it was compliments that flowed, as the president described Kim as “talented” and said they had forged a “special bond.”After a day filled with smiles and handshakes watched around the world, the US “committed to provide security guarantees” to North Korea.But critics charged that the summit legitimised Kim, whose regime has been accused of multiple human rights abuses, and said the summit was more about headlines than substantive progress.Trump said the US would be checking Kim’s progress towards denuclearisation “very strongly” but many agreements made in the past with North Korea have later fallen apart.World powers from China to Japan, the European Union and Russia welcomed its outcome — while cautioning it was only the first step towards resolving the nuclear stand-off with Pyongyang.But some media in Japan, which North Korea has in the past threatened to “sink into the sea”, were cautious.”The real bargaining has now started between the US and North Korea. Problems that cannot be solved through a bling-bling political show remain on both sides,” said the liberal Mainichi Shimbun.last_img
Continue reading