Kolkata: State Criminal Investigation Department (CID) seized huge quantity of explosives from Bankura on Sunday. This is for the third time within a week, the CID has found explosives here.According to CID officials, on Saturday sleuths got a tip-off that a truck loaded with explosive materials will enter Bankura. Working on the information CID sleuths intercepted a truck bearing Jharkhand registration number in the evening at Beliatore. CID and police officials present at the spot asked for documents from the driver. Also Read – Bose & Gandhi: More similar than apart, says Sugata BoseLater during search, sleuths discovered that the truck was loaded with explosive material. The driver and the owner of the truck, identified as Nishant Kumar, was arrested immediately. After preliminary interrogation, sleuths suspect that the explosives was destined to Birbhum district. During search operation, sleuths seized 97,500 electric detonator, 6250 kg gelatin sticks (power gel) and 11,450 kgs ammonium nitrate from the truck. Previously on Wednesday CID had seized huge quantity of explosive materials from Saltora. The explosive material was stored inside a warehouse at Kastora village of Saltora in Bankura. Sleuths have seized 52,500 pieces of electric detonators, 106 cartons of gelatin sticks (power gel) and 133 sacks of ammonium nitrate along with one abandoned SUV and a bike from there. Also Read – Rs 13,000 crore investment to provide 2 lakh jobs: MamataThe explosive materials were being procured from Orissa, Telangana and Jharkhand. It is suspected that the explosive materials was procured to be used in illegal stone quarries. CID had found explosive materials from a person’s house at Boga village of Indpur in Bankura on Friday night. The owner of the house has been arrested. During search sleuths had seized approximately 800 electric detonators, 200 packets of gelatin sticks (power gel) and around 100 kg of ammonium nitrate. Seeing the huge recovery within a week panic triggered across the Bankura district. Sleuths have also took a serious note in this regard and stepped up the security across the district to maintain law and order situation.
January 28, 2015 2 min read Free Workshop | August 28: Get Better Engagement and Build Trust With Customers Now Alongside cigarettes, alcohol, drugs and chewing betel nuts, lawmakers in Taiwan are looking to clamp down on a new addiction besieging the country’s youth: Electronic devices.The sovereign state passed a law last Friday prohibiting people aged 18 and under from using devices — including mobile products, television and video games — “for a period of time that is not reasonable,” The Telegraph reports.While it is unclear how the government plans to define a “reasonable” amount of time or enforce the regulation, the law is the brainchild of Parliament member Lu Shiow-yen, who reportedly said his intention was to limit usage to 30-minute increments.Related: iPhone Separation Anxiety Is an Actual Problem, Study FindsParents who fail to enforce the law, entitled the “Child and Youth Welfare and Protection Act,” can incur fines of up to $1,595.Public reaction has been mixed. Though some citizens feel as though the decree is valid, others claimed it violated personal privacy laws, according to Kotaku.Taiwan is not the only Asian country seeking to curb digital addictions in an age where, by 2020, 90 percent of the world’s population aged 6 years and over is expected to have a mobile phone. In China, the city of Shanghai and the province of Zhejiang have both introduced laws cautioning parents against allowing their children to be “overindulgent” with electronics, according to The Telegraph.Related: In a Catch-22, This App Rewards People for Setting Down Their Phones This hands-on workshop will give you the tools to authentically connect with an increasingly skeptical online audience. Enroll Now for Free